Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Niceville, Smiceville.

Soooooo I'm back in Niceville. I'll start working part-time at the lowest pay possible at my original Starbucks next week, and I've been applying to other jobs as well (JCrew, Kenneth Cole, Michaels Kors [all outlets] and various office/clerical jobs). We'll see what happens, because currently my daily routine has consisted of eating about 9 meals, walking around, checking Facebook/Twitter nonstop, and watching a ridiculous amount of 30 Rock (that part I don't regret).

Books I've read recently (I guess there's only one....sad)
Pirate Latitudes (Michael Crichton, found after his death)- definitely not as good as his other stuff, but entertaining all the same. B

Movies I've watched recently:
High Fidelity it's true, I'd never seen it all the way through. A-
Amelie charming. A
Pineapple Express pretty dang funny, but I don't find Seth Rogen to be a very good actor, to be perfectly honest. B+
Best in Show witty, and featuring Susan Boyle... A
Sunshine Cleaning not that great. not that bad, either. B-
Doubt Meryl Streep + Philip Seymour Hoffman? Pure genius. A-
Vanity Fair (re-watch, to spot Tom Sturridge) B
Rachel Getting Married actually haven't finished it yet...I got bored.
The Hangover so, so funny. just DON'T watch the credits. seriously. bad. A
New in Town predictable, yet relatable. B


I need to start work very, very soon. And visit Gainesville.

But for the time being, I get to make dinner for my family. Yes, "get to".... I've been awaiting a well-stocked and roomy kitchen for YEARS. And also a grocery bill I don't personally have to pay. Here are the 5 recipes I've picked out for the week:

1. Corn & crab chowder with home-fried hush puppies (made this combo last winter-delicious!)
2. Pot roast (mmm. crock potted with carrots, potatoes, and onions.)
3. White chicken chili (never made it myself, wee!)
4. Pork chops with apple-cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes
5. Sesame-seared tuna with rice & julienned carrots/squash/zucchini

I'm pretty excited about that.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the job hunt! I'm actually hoping to visit Gainesville pretty soon... maybe we will cross paths! : )

    ReplyDelete