Monday, December 21, 2009

Ninguat, ninguat, ninguat....

I've got a few movies to give my spiel about, but I'm far too tired/sick to say as much as I might otherwise. They are:
-A Very Long Engagement (or, "Un Long Dimanche de Fianรงailles") Practically perfect in every way. I loved this movie. It had all the right elements- action, drama, a little comedy, romance, a bittersweet ending...Really well done. Definite recommendation.

-Priceless (or, "Hors de Prix") The only reason I watched this is because I decided I have a girl crush on Audrey Tautou, and this movie showed up on my Instant Views on Netflix. Another French film, obviously- not nearly as good. But that can only be expected when you read the summary... it's a silly "romantic comedy" (not exactly the same as what we're used to) and I enjoyed it a bit, but it really wasn't that great unless you want some eye candy and enjoy hearing French. Which I do.

-Annie Hall Oh this movie was great. I never really thought I'd be a Woody Allen fan, and I still don't know if I am...Matchpoint was a VERY different type of movie, so I feel like I can't even compare the two. Allen and Diane Keaton were great in this movie, and I loved the random appearances by all too familiar faces, including, but not limited to: Christopher Walken (with such a baby face, he was already in his 30s but he looks soooo young! I couldn't believe it!), the mom from the Shining (I didn't even know she was in anything else, but I'm undereducated), and my personal favorite, Jeff Goldblum! He's literally in the movie for 3 seconds, but what a glorious 3 seconds. I always knew there was this underlying sex appeal lying deep in his Ian Malcolm/Alistair Hennessey-ness, but those 3 seconds will blow the doubt out of ANYBODY'S head. I was startled. Besides that, though, I just enjoyed the movie altogether-Woody Allen is very funny. And I loved seeing Brooklyn in the 70's. Also, the way LA is characterized is amusing, and I'm curious as to how similar/dissimilar the two cities are today versus 30 years ago (when they were characterized as polar opposites).

Anyway, I know those are pretty pathetic and I sound like an 8 year old trying to pen a one page essay on a movie I've watched recently, but honestly my brain feels like an 8 year old's right now. So forgive me.

In other news, it snowed here in NYC this past weekend and was quite lovely. Here are some moments which I wish to share.

Napoleon's first romp in the snow
My apartment the night it started snowing
These guys
New advertisement for "Express for Dogs"

P.S. "Ninguat" (x3), also the title of my newest Facebook album- "Let It Snow" (x3, obviously)

1 comment: